Cables – Connecting lives.
In daily life we always have to meet this object called cable because it nowadays became an integral part of our life. The word “cable” defines two or more wires running side by side and bonded, twisted, or braided together to form a single assembly. With the help of technology which is the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes we avail these kinds of inventions which change the future of tech world. Ordinary wire was invented about 2,000 years ago but an American farmer invented barbed wire similar to that in use today. In mechanics, it is known as wire ropes which are used for lifting, hauling and towing etc. Whereas in electrical engineering, cables are used to carry electric currents. But do we actually think that these might interest us, because these are all for industrial use. Therefore we think the cables that we are much concerned about are those we use in our individual lives. There are different types of cable that we are aware of and their uses which we will discuss in this article further.
If we start elaborating the types of cable then there are:-
Now the Cables that affects most in our lives are Electrical cable in which we have different sorts of network cables such as power cable, date cable, USB (Universal Serial Bus) cable etc which we will discuss below.
– A power cable is an assembly of one or more electrical conductors, usually held together with an overall sheath. The assembly is used for transmission of electrical power. Flexible power cables are used for portable devices, mobile tools and machinery.
– A data cable is any media that allows baseband transmissions (binary 1, 0s) from a transmitter to a receiver.
– An USB (Universal Serial Bus) cable is used for connection, communication and power supply between computers and electronic devices. Nowadays, we also have USB power cables to charge our smart phones and other electronic devices. It was designed to standardize the connection of computer peripherals (including keyboards, pointing devices, digital cameras, printers, portable media players, disk drives and network adapters) to personal computers, both to communicate and to supply electric power. It has become commonplace on other devices, such as smart phones, PDAs and video game consoles.
– A patch cable or patch cord or patch lead is an electrical or optical cable used to connect one electronic or optical device to another for signal routing. Devices of different types are connected with patch cords.
– A coaxial cable is a type of cable that has an inner conductor surrounded by a tubular insulating layer, surrounded by a tubular conducting shield. Many coaxial cables also have an insulating outer sheath or jacket. Coaxial cable differs from other shielded cable used for carrying lower-frequency signals.
Hence we can all understand the importance and necessity of the cables around us. But we moreover emphasize on those which we use daily such as the accessories we acquire with the smart phones. Likewise, not only headphones and charger are the examples of daily used cables but also the power cords, power adapters, Aux cable for transferring of audio signal etc. Being electricity an important part of daily life, thus without wiring or cables we cannot think of anything in this 21st century. Wires and cables are more than just important, it’s necessary and basic part of life. Wires and cables can be found in your home, hospitals, public place and all those places where electricity is must. Uses of electrical wires and cables are so many, that definitely makes it an important part of daily life. The science of today is the technology of tomorrow.You can get here more Cables like vga to hdmi converter, hdmi cable, dvi to hdmi, hdmi to av converter